Mark in Spain

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I am in Spain and have just purchased an LG LED 42LN5200 and want to add a theatre systen such as the LG BH7230C (2.1 sound). The TV only has the following inputs/outputs 2 x HDMI ces simplink (unused currently) 1 x rf input 1 x scart (currently used for my pace sat box to get u.k. TV) and 1 x usb. (No other outputs at all)
I want to be able to play bluray discs via HDMI to TV and play my films via USB plugged into the bluray theatre system and get theatre sound is this possible. Any help gratefully received

Solution
I'm confused as to why you would want ARC (audio return channel). You said in your question you want to watch blu ray movies from the HT system right, as well as films from your usb which is plugged into the HT system. If that's all you want and you want no sound from the tv simply mute the tv or down the volume to zero.

Lethal-Injection

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
If I understood what you're trying to do correctly then yes, this is possible. Simply plug the HDMI cable from the theatre system you want into the back of the TV. That's all you have to do connection-wise. The theatre system also has a front usb port, so you can plug a usb in and watch the films and get the sound from it as you wish. You'll also be able to watch blu-ray movies as well. Simple as that!

Mark in Spain

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

Many thanks, so it doesn't matter that the TV's HDMI does'nt have ARC, do I simply turn the TV Speakers down as there is no ability to actually turn the speakers off in the TV Audio menu??

Lethal-Injection

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
I'm confused as to why you would want ARC (audio return channel). You said in your question you want to watch blu ray movies from the HT system right, as well as films from your usb which is plugged into the HT system. If that's all you want and you want no sound from the tv simply mute the tv or down the volume to zero.

Solution