Help guys!my brother recently just shut down the laptop and sometimes dropped the laptop.and got this 'A disk read error'

Alvin_

Estimable
May 30, 2015
Well..im only 14 so..i dont know what to do..guys,expert please help....and dont give explaination that a 14 year old that dont understand:( guys please help..the laptop just repeat when i just press crtl+alt+del.plss :(...btw i tried to take the hdd out and put it back in adn no work..and then what?(please i am very sorry for my bad english..as your information im using 'acer, aspire4741,windows 7 and 500 GB HDD' well guys..hope u all can cooperate :D

Ok Go

Estimable
May 23, 2015
seems like either the hdd is disconected or the bootsector got screwed. err..can someone simplify the step-by-step oh how to check hdd on bios?

either way, i dont know if you could understand these things im about to say, but here goes.
first try going in to bios(google how to go into bios) to check if the HDD is still detected by the laptop. if not then open the laptop back panel where the HDD is and check the connection it might be loose or something.

if the HDD is still detected then it migh be the bootsector is coruptted because laptop is shutdown unproperly.

to fix the bootsec you'll be needing
1. a windows (im asuming you use Win 7) install or repair disk or bootable thumbdrive
2. a working dvd-rom if you're using instal disk.

step-by-step goes like this (assuming you're using win7):
1. Boot with the Windows 7 installation disc (google for how to boot from windows disk)

2. Follow the installation wizard until you see Repair your computer option, click it.

3. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

4. In the System Recovery Options window, click Command Prompt.

4a. If you haven’t checked the drive already for errors, type chkdsk /r.

5. Type Bootrec /fixmbr to repair the Master Boot Record .

6. Type Bootrec /fixboot to repair the Boot sector.

6a. (optional) if still persist you might need to rebuild bcd. Typle Bootrec /rebuildmbr

7. Type Exit and then click restart.

i hope these little hiccup make this 14 year old become interested in pc lol

sizzling

Distinguished
Try taking the hard drive out and putting it back in again. It might be it is not seated correctly since being dropped. The other option is the drop killed the hard drive in which case you will need to replace it.

A little tip, if English is your first language you need to pay attention at school. My English was not great and its been a problem as an adult and I have had to improve it.

Alvin_

Estimable
May 30, 2015

i updated it so ummm does it help?..so i was thinking about it

_VinT_007

Estimable
May 30, 2015

Alvin_

Estimable
May 30, 2015

ummmm...so i need to buy repair stuff???? :/btw...ummm i can access the BIOS now what??

Alvin_

Estimable
May 30, 2015

i've done it...my native language is not english..im sorry for bad english