help me repair my lenovo b590 20208-wrong BIOS flash

sbdragon

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2003
hello there folks,I have just recently managed to accidentally flash wrong bios file on my notebook lenovo b590 model 20208 (intel i3,gma4000). It was maybe the same brand (phoenix i think) but the file was meant for some server MB with totally different chipset, I flashed under windows so at first nothing happened, after restart or sleep I dunno what it was, it did not boot aain ... when power button was pressed it lit up the LEDs for a few second, spinned the fan and then shut down. So my first reaction was to try to reset Cmos so I took out the standardard cr2303 or sth batttery, then pressed pwr to short out charged parts and then...... damn thing after reinstalling battery (small one and main one) it seems that poor machine is competely bricked, NOT EVEN THE CHARGIN CIRCUIT WORKS. when i plug in the DC power - nothing, not even one led lit up...absolutely no activity whatoever. so I took the NB apart and I found out that tehere is a second battery - even smaler one, on the upper side of the MB...since then I did not do anything I am curious about your opinions and suggestions. thank you very much guys for any insight....

Hi,

First of all you'll need to make the laptop boot up. :) Try do another hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Boot up the laptop and see if it does load even in the splash screen or into any error message. If it doesn't still boot up you may need to contact the manufacturer to repair the laptop if it's still under the factory warranty because most likely they would replace the BIOS chip itself to fix the problem.

sbdragon

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2003
[well...it looks bad, really bad. First I would like to ask a humble question - ehich one of the chips is the actual BIOS? it does not seem to be so easily recognizable as it was back in those days...

nevertheless, now it seems that I was missing an information - which tuerns out quite horrid finding - the black plastic foil cannot be simply torn off from the MB as I seem to have found...after I did that...well my sight is not the best out there and it was quite dark, but itoccurs to me that I managed to tear of some parts of the circuitry along with the foil :)

at least now I do not have to worry about the BIOS...but maybe it is only my imagination, again, I did it yesterday and it was dark, ...

but at first sight the PCB looked ...ehm...damaged..to say at least...only now I wonder whether I did thedamage with incorrect dissasembly job..or the mismatched bios turned on some strange voltages for the board...effectively burning several parts of it...

...and MAYBE both of these happened :D

I suppose I'll put out an ad today querying for a replacement MB... :(