HELP - No audio on ARC or Optical Out VIZIO display and Denon Rcvr

travisgeyard

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
Vizio M70-D3
Denon AVR-S710W

I'm having a hard time getting audio from the tv to the receiver using either the acr or optical out. I spent last night trying to get sound via ARC on the above receiver (and resorted to trying a Vizio soundbar) with no luck. Knowing there are sometimes issues with ARC, I tried to get audio via optical cable with no luck on either. Verified that the optical cable works with the soundbar and another tv.

Settings:

TV

CEC: Enabled
Audio: Speakers Auto | Digital Audio Out: Dolby D

RECERIVER

Optical input is enable for the tv connection
HDMI control and ARC is on
Input mode: Auto
Decode mode: Auto

The TV does turn on and off the receiver and the volume buttons controls the receiver just no sound.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The only thing that needs to be turned on Denon is ARC. Both devices must be ARC capable.

TV must have ARC turned on, external speaker turned on. TV typically has 1 HDMI port that is ARC capable, not all.

The Denon ARC port is the HDMI OUT port, not any of the HDMI INs.

travisgeyard

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016

Denon has ARC on and TV has CEC: ARC Only selected. TV is connected directly to the receiver via HDMI1 (ARC) to HDMI out on receiver. Sound is not working.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
smartprado Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 3
alphacoyle Streaming Video & TVs 3
ddk0014 Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1