Help on sound/audio issues.

aerostalgic

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
For the past 2/3 months my sound has been acting weird.
Specifically on video players(youtube, twitch, etc) the video will play for about 7~ seconds with no audio and then stop. About 20 seconds later the audio that was missing from the initial 7 seconds plays, then the video resumes along with the audio.

The audio works perfectly fine on my song playlists, downloaded videos, games, online music such as plug.dj, pandora, etc. so I'm really confused as to why this is happening.

I have Windows 8.1 HP Laptop

Solution

While I agree that it's not your ISP, unfortunately devices sometimes get singled out in network-related issues. Look for the Wi-Fi (or WLAN) driver for your laptop from HP's support site, download it, install it, reboot the computer, and then see whether that helps or not. If you're using an Ethernet cable, look for the LAN driver and install that.

Video players use up a lot more bandwidth, so I'm suspecting this has something to do with the laptop's internet connection, or its connection to your router or modem, specifically.

aerostalgic

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012

I have comcast. I doubt its a network issue though since youtube/twitch works on all other devices in my house, including laptops, phones, desktops.

While I agree that it's not your ISP, unfortunately devices sometimes get singled out in network-related issues. Look for the Wi-Fi (or WLAN) driver for your laptop from HP's support site, download it, install it, reboot the computer, and then see whether that helps or not. If you're using an Ethernet cable, look for the LAN driver and install that.

Video players use up a lot more bandwidth, so I'm suspecting this has something to do with the laptop's internet connection, or its connection to your router or modem, specifically.

Solution