tg88

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
Hey guys. I need your help, so let me explain. So I just bought the Modi/magni 2 uber along with Monolith M1060 Planar Headphones. I have a Samsung KS8000 TV that is connected to a Samsung soundbar via the Arc output. My Pc is connected to the samsung tv as well. As of right now I have my sound coming out of the soundbar. Now my questions is, how do I incorporate the Modi/magni 2 uber with my PC and soundbar? Is there anything else I need to buy to accomplish this task?

I am very new to all of this dac/amp thing, so please be detailed in your explanation.

Thank you for all your help.

Solution
i would likely set the modi up as optical from the tv and usb to the pc. the magni would of course be connected to the modi's output.

i dont have the modi but i'm thinking the switch on the back might be to swap sources.
plug the modi into the pc and it will set as the default audio device. sound will come out the modi (well, actually the magni connected to the modi) not the tv.

getting sound out of both tv and headphones at the same time is more involved but is possible

getting sound out of the tv (from smart tv applications, etc) you could go tv directly to the amplifier (Magni) but the modi lacks input for use with the tv. if you had the modi uber it takes optical input so you could have used it with the tv but you really dont need the modi in the loop with the tv (its a quality option for sure, but its not absolutely required).

tg88

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
So let me see if I'm understanding you correctly.

1) Connect the magni uber and modi uber together.
2) Then connect the modi to the pc.
3) Then do optical from modi to soundbar?

Let me know if I'm correct. And I wanna make sure there wont be any sound interference. Like lets say if I'm playing something from my pc, and then I plug in the headphone. Or do I need some sort of switch? If I do, which one and how would I use it?

Thank you for your help.

i would likely set the modi up as optical from the tv and usb to the pc. the magni would of course be connected to the modi's output.

i dont have the modi but i'm thinking the switch on the back might be to swap sources.

Solution