help with installing drivers.

StormFalcon

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015
I just bought a sager np8651, and it has an integrated fingerprint reader. the thing is, the drivers came in a dvd and my machine doesn't have a dvd reader. Then I went online and downloaded the drivers from sager's website, but there wasn't a driver for fingerprint reader.plz HELP!!!!!

Solution
Hi,

Try to perform a System Restore first when the finger print reader was working just fine. Next thing to do is try to copy the driver from the DVD disc into a USB driver from another PC that has a DVD drive. Lastly is to try and see if the touchpad driver would work as it's driver as well. Here's the link where you can download. http://www.sagernotebook.com/drivers.php?cat=601

StormFalcon

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015

i dont understand what you mean by the first one

StormFalcon

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015

Also when i try to put in on to a usb and then do it here is what happens: I run the setup.exe and it says the driver is already on my computer so i hit reinstall. but then it says that you can't reinstall something that isn't installed in the first place. if i go into appdata and click on fingerprint driver, it says that it can only be installed from the setup.exe. Basically, it thinks something that isn't installed is so i can't do anything.