the Large Cow

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014
I recently recorded gameplay using Dxtory, and after I was finished, I rewatched it and it came out fine. I then spent a half hour putting it in windows movie maker, and after it was done compressing, I went to replay it again before uploading it. Unfortunately when I went to rewatch it the second time, my voice was gone. The game's sounds were still there, but the voice was missing. I am completely stumped. I havent seen anyone with this problem, everything is fine, the quality wasnt ruined, the sounds are still there, I just lost all the voice. No error or anything.
On another note, Im not sure if this has any correlation, but Windows LIVE Movie maker, uses windows live. And I've had this recurring issue with LIVE marketplace that causes Grand Theft Auto IV to crash on startup without an error message.

Solution

coldron12

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

I do believe windows movie maker can only have one sound being played at a time. If you have a separate file for your voice from the ingame sound and recording that might be the issue. You can always try dragging and dropping it in again. What software did you use to record your voice?

Solution

the Large Cow

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014

I use Dxtory, but I solved the problem. It was, as you said, a problem with there being two audio streams. I ended up buying Sony Vegas and using that. But thanks a lot anyway!

RobiePAX

Estimable
May 19, 2014
You could have simply solved your issue by extracting the secondary audio track from the video, and merging it in the video editor (works only with Dxtory videos):