HELP with Outlook 2010 - New Mobo and Processor, trying to get pst files to work

Replacement

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
My wife's computer was due for a mobo and processor upgrade. I replaced them and now I am working to get everything up and going again. I am having issues getting Outlook 2010 to work correctly and I am pretty sure that I did not do things correctly.

What I did was I took her SSD that had all of her programs on it and backed it up onto a HDD using HDD Raw Copy Tool and formatted the SSD to be the main drive for all of the applications including outlook 2010.

Now I have the Win 7 OS installed and outlook 2010 installed on her computer (SSD) and tried to copy the pst files to the new folder and it keeps downloading duplicate emails. The email accounts are set up as pop3 accounts.

Another problem that I am having is that the calendar and contacts are not showing up.
How do I get these back?

I don't know a ton about computer software and could use some help.

Thanks,
Eric

Solution
What exactly are you doing to setup Outlook? If you place the PST file in a folder, Outlook won't even use it unless you are over-writing an existing one with the same name. What are you doing when you copy the files?

I would setup IMAP instead of POP3 if you can, POP3 is an older standard and does not work well with getting email from multiple devices.

You are seeing duplicates probably because the email is still on the server that is also in the PST files, so when it connects to the server, it downloads all those emails again to the new file it created during Outlook setup, when you import the PST to that (if that is how you are doing it), it just copies the same email over since Outlook is just doing what it's told to do, copy...
What exactly are you doing to setup Outlook? If you place the PST file in a folder, Outlook won't even use it unless you are over-writing an existing one with the same name. What are you doing when you copy the files?

I would setup IMAP instead of POP3 if you can, POP3 is an older standard and does not work well with getting email from multiple devices.

You are seeing duplicates probably because the email is still on the server that is also in the PST files, so when it connects to the server, it downloads all those emails again to the new file it created during Outlook setup, when you import the PST to that (if that is how you are doing it), it just copies the same email over since Outlook is just doing what it's told to do, copy the emails and also grab the emails from the sever to match what it sees on the server.

I would just let Outlook grab what it does from the server to the new file, and then compare that to what is on the PST files.

The old PST files likely contain the old Calendar and Contact info also, you may need to manually open them from the File - Open dialog.

Solution