Help with roku streaming stick

Aug 22, 2018
I have a roku stick 3800r. It has been working fine since I got it mos ago and now all of a sudden I get to hulu and try to play a movie and get the HDCP error code 020. I did the power down and unplugging of everything like it says and still nothing. I only have 1 working HDMI port but im not sure if its my TV or if its the roku. If im loading the roku homepage and hulu is loadING and just not playing movies, wouldn't that mean its the roku that isn't working right ? And not my HDMI port. I keep getting told to try a new HDMI cable but the problem with that is the roku stick has the HDMI built in. Don't know what to do here. I just bought the roku a few months ago. Also if it is my TV HDMI port, can I buy some type of converter chord and use it thru the USB? Or sumthin.....

Aug 22, 2018
Because neither one of my HDMI ports work now unless its the roku box that has malfunctioned. Its weird because I can load the roku homescreen and get on all the apps ,just can't play any movies

Aug 22, 2018
Im definitely gonna buy the splitter tho. Sounds exactly like what my problem is. The only thing that worries me,is the fact that it was working on this TV till a few days ago.