Help with using Asus Essence STX and Titanium Xi-Fi HD at the same time

d4rkka0s

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Currently I am using my Asus Essence STX for my speakers as my Windows default device for internet, movies and music. However, I would like to dedicate my Titanium Xi-Fi HD to gaming, namely CS:GO through my headphones. Whenever I try to enable the Titanium through Sounds, I get no sounds out of the headphones. Any suggestions or solutions to solve this situation? Thanks in advance.

Pinhedd

Distinguished

The X-Fi Titanium HD is not a gaming card. For that, you want the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro. They use different DSPs, with the Fatal1ty Pro having support for 8 audio channels.

You gain nothing by using the Titanium HD over the Essence STX or vice versa, they're rather feature identical. Pick one and remove the other.

d4rkka0s

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

Objectively, they maybe identical. Subjectively, you can hear a difference between the soundcards. Positional sound in Titanium is better than STX. However, STX triumphs the Titanium in terms of music.

d4rkka0s

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

Why is that? How come I can't enable/disable Default Device and switch back and forth from Control Panel Sounds to either play games using the Titanium or Windows/music/movies on the STX?

NVM. I forgot to unplug AC97. I forgot onboard is not needed whatsoever. Thanks for input everybody