Hey there, some of my keys are not working when i cleaned my system.

zerocooltimilsina

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
I opened my laptop to clean and when I assembled back again then at first every keystrokes worked but when i opened my laptop next morning some of number keys(03) and some alphabets "cdejpm" did not work. and I again opened my keyboard and attached it then it was like 'm' 'p' are working and 'b' 'l' not working. and also ", [ are not working.
my system is dell inspiron 15 5520 model. Please help me

Solution
Something was damaged when you worked on the system, need to either try a new keyboard, if that does not work, you have an issue with the connection on the motherboard which is pretty much impossible to fix without replacing the motherboard. Make sure there is no dirt or particles in the connection.

zerocooltimilsina

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Thank you for your reply @N3rdR4ge .
it works with external keyboard and It worked when I first assembled my system. but now each time I detach keyboard wire and attach it again some keys works which were not working before and in addition some keys which were working before starts not working. what might be the reasons??

zerocooltimilsina

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017

Thank you for your reply @N3rdR4ge .
it works with external keyboard and It worked when I first assembled my system. but now each time I detach keyboard wire and attach it again some keys works which were not working before and in addition some keys which were working before starts not working. what might be the reasons??

zerocooltimilsina

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017

Thank you for your reply. I tried unlocking and locking that wire so many times. each time when I do so some of keys which were working before stopped working and some keys which were not working before are working now. I dont know what is the reason.

Something was damaged when you worked on the system, need to either try a new keyboard, if that does not work, you have an issue with the connection on the motherboard which is pretty much impossible to fix without replacing the motherboard. Make sure there is no dirt or particles in the connection.

Solution