hi my touch screen has stopped working on my Asus, any ideas !

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaky

Estimable
May 14, 2015
after an update my touch screen stopped working, this happened once before and i followed a couple of youtube steps and it was ok....until the next update. is this a common problem or do you think my laptop has caught something?

Solution
Hello oaky

It doesn't seem that your laptop has any issue. However the possibilities are that the new updates are not compatible with your laptop, or you have accidentally misconfigured the settings.

In either case, your first step should be to restore the touch functionality and then eliminate the issue permanently.

To restore the touch functionality, you should uninstall the latest updates (from the Control Pane,) that you have installed (in case of Windows updates), or rollback the driver (from the Device Manager snap-in) to its previous version (if it was a driver driver update).

Once the touch has been re-enabled on your laptop, you can follow the below steps to permanently eliminate the issue in future (regardless of the...
Hello oaky

It doesn't seem that your laptop has any issue. However the possibilities are that the new updates are not compatible with your laptop, or you have accidentally misconfigured the settings.

In either case, your first step should be to restore the touch functionality and then eliminate the issue permanently.

To restore the touch functionality, you should uninstall the latest updates (from the Control Pane,) that you have installed (in case of Windows updates), or rollback the driver (from the Device Manager snap-in) to its previous version (if it was a driver driver update).

Once the touch has been re-enabled on your laptop, you can follow the below steps to permanently eliminate the issue in future (regardless of the updates).

> Go to the Device Manager snap-in (open the Run command box by pressing Windows + R keys together, type the DEVMGMT.MSC command and hit Enter).

>Expand the Human Interface Devices tree.

> Right-click the USB Input Device that has the touch screen device.

> From the context menu, click Properties.

> Go to the Power Management tab.

> Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power checkbox.

> Click OK to save the settings.

> Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options.

> From the left pane of the Power Options window, click Choose what closing the lid does.

> From the next window, change the When I close the lid settings to Sleep under both On battery and Plugged in modes.

> Click the Save changes button.

> Restart Windows and see if the issue has been resolved.

You may also want to:

> Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options.

> From the right pane of the Power Options window, click the Change plan settings option representing the currently active power plan (indicated by a radio button selection).

> From the next window, click the Change advanced power settings option.

> From the opened Power Options box, expand the USB settings tree from the list.

> Expand the USB selective suspend settings tree.

> Choose Disable for both On battery and Plugged in settings.

> Click OK.

Restart the computer, install the updates if you want, and check if the problem has been resolved.

Hope this helps.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.