Jan 13, 2019
I am trying to set up a home theater system and need assistance. I have a Epson Home Cinema 2150 Projector and I am trying to hook up a Samsung 5.1 CH Blu Ray Home Entertainment System HT-J5500W. I was told only an HDMI would be needed but I have tried two different cables and the projector still doesn't project the Home Entertainments home screen, or my laptop. The projector did mirror the laptop screen through wifi, but it has 2-3 second lag. Any help??

Solution
That HTS doesn't have an HDMI input and projectors don't support ARC since they don't have internal sources.
You going to need an HDMI input selector with audio extraction.
Connect the HTS and PC HDMI outputs to the selectors inputs.
Connect the selector HDMI output to the projector.
Connect the selector optical output to the HTS optical input. That will get sound from the PC and any other sources into the HTS.
Plan B would be to connect the laptop to one of the projector HDMI input and the HTS to the other. That gets video to the projector. Connect the headphone output of the laptop to the aux input on the HTS. No digital audio from the PC this way but it should work.
That HTS doesn't have an HDMI input and projectors don't support ARC since they don't have internal sources.
You going to need an HDMI input selector with audio extraction.
Connect the HTS and PC HDMI outputs to the selectors inputs.
Connect the selector HDMI output to the projector.
Connect the selector optical output to the HTS optical input. That will get sound from the PC and any other sources into the HTS.
Plan B would be to connect the laptop to one of the projector HDMI input and the HTS to the other. That gets video to the projector. Connect the headphone output of the laptop to the aux input on the HTS. No digital audio from the PC this way but it should work.

Solution