Hooking a subwoofer up to my computer

Bleubird

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
I have a Sony SA-W2500 and it has a line out but the cable is too small for my sound card in my computer I don't know the exact model, but will find it if needed, it's a ASUS sound card around $30. Not sure what cables to buy or what kind of amplifier i need.

Your sub seems to have a single RCA input connector. Mobos usually have a stereo mini jack for the center and sub connection which is yellow. So you need a cable with a stereo mini plug at one end and 2 RCAs at the other. You will only use one of the RCA for the sub. Then you will have to set up your sound card for the correct number of channels.

Your sub seems to have a single RCA input connector. Mobos usually have a stereo mini jack for the center and sub connection which is yellow. So you need a cable with a stereo mini plug at one end and 2 RCAs at the other. You will only use one of the RCA for the sub. Then you will have to set up your sound card for the correct number of channels.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Smackiepipe Audio 6
C Audio 1
A Audio 4
M Audio 2
J Audio 2
D Audio 1
W Audio 1
K Audio 5
G Audio 5
L Audio 1
Y Audio 2
B Audio 1
C Audio 3
D Audio 1
S Audio 1
J Audio 4
D Audio 3
D Audio 6
E Audio 4
N Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Inherited a Bose Lifestyle 20 (subwoofer & 2 speakers). Can I hook this to non-Bose audio source (like Vizio TV)?
Question How can you hook up a Samsung subwoofer to a BW LED SPK M speaker to the back of my computer tower?
Solved! Hooking up an active subwoofer to A/V receiver
Solved! Need help hooking up the subwoofer to my sound bar.
Can I hook two amps up to one sub subwoofer speaker
Hooking up a Samsung TV to a Sony soundbar and subwoofer
Can I hook up a Bluetooth wireless Vizio subwoofer to a LG Bluetooth wireless soundbar with a Vizio Smart TV
Hook up 2 channel amp with a subwoofer
Hooking a car subwoofer to home system
I have a acoustic audio AA5170 only the one piece the big one is that a subwoofer. Can u hook this one up to my insignia tv a
Without using subwoofer but try to hook up external amp for front speaker
How can I hook up two dvc and two svc subwoofers, 4 in total, to a 2000 watt mono two channel amplifier
How do you hook up a subwoofer to a Kenwood KR-V8010 reciever
Can I hook a subwoofer to my phone with the head phone jack
Need signal from car stereo to power subwoofer with no RCA hook up on powered subwoofers and one blue on the back of stereo
To hook up a Sony powered subwoofer s.a.w. to a technics sa-g67 receiver to get signal to turn sub on
Hooking subwoofer up to an old receiver
Need help hooking up subwoofer to sony str-dh550 reciever
Hooking up a passive sub to my computer
I have an altech Lansing subwoofer and two speaker set that I hook to my laptop... I also have an old stereo with amazing spea

ASK THE COMMUNITY