Tifredall

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015
Hi,
I need a new laptop (mines getting kinda old) and someone showed me this laptop and the screen looked like this:
iEnDw

I was wondering if it can be a problem with the drivers/software/... or what hardware problem can cause that (If it's only the panel, I can change it without problems, and I'd be happy about it!)

Thanks you!

Solution
I see it now. It could be a the monitor or the cable connecting it. I don't think it is the GPU. Which is good. Try connecting an external monitor, while the laptop is off, and then turn both on. See if it shows fine on the external monitor. If it does, then the GPU definitely isn't the problem.

It if shows fine on the external monitor, then you need to check the cable and display. If it is under warranty still, contact the manufacturer so they can do the repair. If it isn't under warranty, then you have the option of opening it up and checking the cable and possibly replacing it and/or the display yourself. Or, if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, take it to a local tech.
I see it now. It could be a the monitor or the cable connecting it. I don't think it is the GPU. Which is good. Try connecting an external monitor, while the laptop is off, and then turn both on. See if it shows fine on the external monitor. If it does, then the GPU definitely isn't the problem.

It if shows fine on the external monitor, then you need to check the cable and display. If it is under warranty still, contact the manufacturer so they can do the repair. If it isn't under warranty, then you have the option of opening it up and checking the cable and possibly replacing it and/or the display yourself. Or, if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, take it to a local tech.

Solution

Tifredall

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015

Tested on external monitor it works. I'll tear it appart and/or change the panel if necessary. Thanks!