How Can I Test Apps on PC Before Installing on My Android Device?

How Can I Test Apps on PC Before Installing on My Android Device?

The best option, at current, is BlueStacks. BlueStacks is an android emulator that can be installed on any computer. After it is installed, it provides the exact interface as of an android device (mobile phone or tablet). BlueStacks is open source (free) application precisely designed to be installed on the PCs. This application is mostly used by android developers for the app testing purposes.

Although BlueStacks is developed for android developers, some home users also use it to test the apps before they install them on their android devices. Since BlueStacks is a software application, even if it gets corrupted, it can be reinstalled which is far better than bricking your android device and then rushing towards the customer care centre for maintenance and repairing.

When the BlueStacks is installed on your computer, all the .APK files that the computer has automatically get associated with the installed application, and the icons of the files change to the one representing the BlueStacks.

In order to install an app on the BlueStacks, you just need to double-click the .APK file on your computer (like any other executable file) and the app gets installed in the BlueStacks. Also, since the BlueStacks automatically connects to the Internet as soon as your computer is connected, you can also register any existing email account and download the apps directly from the Google Play Store.

You can download the BlueStacks from http://www.bluestacks.com/ where it is available for both Windows PCs and Mac. Once you download the installation file of the BlueStacks from the given URL, the installation process requires active Internet connection to download additional files to complete the setup.

You cannot transfer the files from your computer to the BlueStacks and vice versa using drag-and-drop or via any other network connectivity. However transferring can be made easier with the help of any third-party cloud-based app such as Dropbox. If you want to transfer the files, you can upload them to the Dropbox inside the BlueStacks, and then you can download the files on your PC.

Many trainers also use the BlueStacks to make educational videos. Since it is a bit challenging to capture the screen movements on mobile or tablet devices, trainers use BlueStacks to install the target apps and prepare video tutorials by capturing its screen using any sophisticated applications which is easier to use on the PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.