How can soundbar to work with all devices

4beaver

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
I have a Phillips TV 47PFL7403D that does not have a connection for an optical cord. I have a Yamaha ATS-1060 soundbar, a Curtis DVD 1098B, Roku 3700X for Netflix, and a Blackweb HDMI 3 in 1 switchbox. I get tv channels through a DISH Vip722DVR. I'm not fluent on the tech lingo but I need help getting sound from all devices from the soundbar. Help, please!

Solution
Remove the switch from the equation for now.

Pick one HDMI device, and connect it to the soundbar HDMI port directly (the one labelled "in"). Then attach another HDMI cable to the "out" port on the soundbar and run that to your TV's HDMI port.

What happens then? Everything should work as intended.
I suspect there's 2 ways to achieve this.

1. All HDMI devices into the switch, and HDMI to the TV from the switch. Then a secondary HDMI port 'out' to the soundbar. Will depend on the abilities of your TV,a lot cannot provide 'out'.

2. All HDMI devices into the switch, and HDMI to the Soundbar to the "in" port. Secondary HDMI from the "out" port on the soundbar into the TV. your soundbar has 1x in + 1x out.
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/sound_bar/ats-1060/specs.html#product-tabs

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009

There is also HDMI-ARC (Audio Return Channel) where you could have everything plugged into the TV with the return channel setup for the soundbar.

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009

Ah didn't think of that you are correct.

Remove the switch from the equation for now.

Pick one HDMI device, and connect it to the soundbar HDMI port directly (the one labelled "in"). Then attach another HDMI cable to the "out" port on the soundbar and run that to your TV's HDMI port.

What happens then? Everything should work as intended.

Solution
Option 1
Connect sources to input selector, connect input selector output to the HDMI input on the soundbar. Connect the soundbar HDMI out to the TV HDMI Input.
Option 2
Connect sources to the TV. Connect the coax digital audio output of the TV to coax to optical digital audio converter. Connect optical output to soundbar,
Option 3
Connect sources to an HDMI Input selector with audio extraction like this one
https://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=5557&kpid=105557&gclid=CPPY2sLnwcYCFYIXHwodhY0FTw
Connect optical audio output of selector to soundbar.
The coax output of the TV may have to be turned on, the TV speakers off, and the output type changes to get it working. Make sure to select the correct input on the soundbar.

4beaver

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017

4beaver

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
Thanks for all the help. I connected the DISH device and the Roku into an "in" on the switch box. The switch box "out" is connected to the soundbar "in". The soundbar "out" is connected to the tv "in". I need to upgrade DVD player because it doesn't have HDMI connection but there is still an "in" on switch box to connect it when I get a new DVD player. It still is a little confusing with all of the remotes that I have to use but at least I get audio from the soundbar now.