How can you stream 2 different web cam on two different screen (which would be in two different room) on the same laptop?

lex-321

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Alright, so to explain. I run a Recording studio that the new vocal booth is not in direct sight to the control room. I need a software that would allow me to stream 2 different camera to two different screens that are not in the same room but connected to the same computer.

camera 1 (control room room) -> vocal booth monitor
Camera 2 (vocal booth) -> control room monitor.
both monitors+both camera hooked up to the same laptop.

Solution
If they are the same brand camera, many of them include software that allows streaming of multiple cameras simultaneously. If you have more specifics on the cameras, more specific info may be available.

IF it doesn't have to be a laptop, I know for certain that on an Android or iPad tablet, you can use IP Cam Viewer Pro to stream many cameras simultaneously.

kanewolf

Judicious
If they are the same brand camera, many of them include software that allows streaming of multiple cameras simultaneously. If you have more specifics on the cameras, more specific info may be available.

IF it doesn't have to be a laptop, I know for certain that on an Android or iPad tablet, you can use IP Cam Viewer Pro to stream many cameras simultaneously.

Solution

lex-321

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

Hey thanks for answering.

I'll probably be using microsofts HD 3000 cam, since I already have one, I would just need to get an other one.

What I need though is to make sure that I can feed two different LCD monitors, so that if for instance you were in my vocal booth which is in an other part of the building, you would be able to see me and the control room on the wall mounted monitor in the vocal booth and I would be able to see you in the vocal booth on the monitor I would have in the control room. Does Cam viewer Pro allow for multiple monitor setups?

lex-321

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

HA! I just checked what you suggested and they have the video wall option, which means I can feed one cam to one screen and the other to an other screen! Thanks!

kanewolf

Judicious

No problem. Thank me by "picking a solution" ...