How do I configure Superspeed SuperCache for faster write speeds? And Should I have a RAMDISK as well?

OlympusHAXXX

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
I first purchased the RAM disk software and set up the RAM disk to have 16Gb of memory. Then I moved my MS Edge cache folder over to it. After that I purchased Superspeed's SuperCache and I dedicated 8Gb of memory for that. My Computer has 32Gb of memory btw. I didn't even know of SuperCache until after I purchased the RAM disk which is why I have both now.

Should I have a ram disk if I am using a software like Superspeeds SuperCache?

And if anyone knows anything about SuperCache, Can you tell me if there is a way to increase write speeds? My Read speeds have increased a crazy amount. I have two Samsung 850 EVO's in Raid 0. Ill post a pic of my benchmarks. My Write speeds have not increased though and I want to know why.

Screenshot_2015_11_10_23_50_04.png
[/url][/img]

Solution
Superspeed supercache is like Samsung's RAPID mode, it uses system memory to facilitate transfer speeds of data during writes. A RAMDISK uses system memory to facilitate other things, and can be used for things like your browser cache as you've done, the windows temp folder, scratch disks for photoshop or other applications among other uses.

Honestly, I've used DataRam RAMdisk since almost it's earliest version, until just recently. The addition of fast SSD storage just makes it senseless IMO. I don't really see much if any speed difference in any of those processes since moving to SSD storage so I've discontinued using a RAMdisk. The Supercache though, if actually supported by your device, is a different story but will only show any...
Superspeed supercache is like Samsung's RAPID mode, it uses system memory to facilitate transfer speeds of data during writes. A RAMDISK uses system memory to facilitate other things, and can be used for things like your browser cache as you've done, the windows temp folder, scratch disks for photoshop or other applications among other uses.

Honestly, I've used DataRam RAMdisk since almost it's earliest version, until just recently. The addition of fast SSD storage just makes it senseless IMO. I don't really see much if any speed difference in any of those processes since moving to SSD storage so I've discontinued using a RAMdisk. The Supercache though, if actually supported by your device, is a different story but will only show any gains when making large sequential transfers. For random reads and writes or numerous small files you'll be unlikely to see improvement that's noticeable. With the amount of memory you have though, yes, you should be perfectly capable of using both simultaneously.

Solution