How do I connect an old Pioneer A/V receiver to a new Samsung 50" Smart TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeCameron

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
I want to connect these two devices so I can get audio through the Pioneer receiver.
--Samsung TV model # UN50KU630DF
--Pioneer A / V receiver model # VSX-452

Currently, I have a cable set top box connected to the TV

Have old DVD player connected to TV via composite cable

Please help.... thanks!

connect TV HEADPHONE-OUT to receiver AUX-IN.

If headphone-out not available your next option, buy an inexpensive Toslink-to-RCA converter and use TV's Toslink.

If TV Toslink not available then your last option is to hookup sources' RCAs directly to receiver's many RCA audio input connectors and receiver will do the audio switching.

connect TV HEADPHONE-OUT to receiver AUX-IN.

If headphone-out not available your next option, buy an inexpensive Toslink-to-RCA converter and use TV's Toslink.

If TV Toslink not available then your last option is to hookup sources' RCAs directly to receiver's many RCA audio input connectors and receiver will do the audio switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anti-Gravity Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 8
K Streaming Video & TVs 3
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
V Streaming Video & TVs 8
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 4
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Question HDMI connection dropping between PC and Pioneer receiver
Hi recently i bought samsung UHD 8 series smart TV... My previous Samsung Smart TV connected in Pioneer receiver. Now the new
No audio. Dish box, Pioneer receiver (VSX-321) and an Epson projector connected by HDMI cables
I have a Casio projector connected to a Pioneer receiver via HDMI cable. How do I connect chromecast or roku to the system?
connect lg tv with optical audio to pioneer receiver without optical audio input
Connect a new Sony Bravia tv to old stereo Pioneer 251R receiver with tape and cd. . I also have Bose speakers a Roku and hdm
How to connect my Sony blu ray, smart tv and directv satellite through older pioneer receiver so I have surround sound
Pioneer AV receiver dropping connections
How do I connect audio from Magnavox led tv to a pioneer ex-31 receiver
Help connecting bose subwoofer to pioneer receiver
How do I connect a Samsung HW-H550 soundbar to a Pioneer SC1228 Receiver
How i properly connect my PC to Receiver to TV ?
Need to connect LG HD TV to LG Blu-Ray player and Pioneer receiver when receiver does not have a HDMI input
I have a Pioneer VSXD508 receiver.I tried to connect my LG TV (LB56) to the receiver and get the sound from the speakers an
Connect Samsung Souonbar (HW550), Pioneer VSX45 Receiver and Samsung 65" Smart TV
Trouble with connecting laptop to receiver with hdmi
How do I connect a Samsung HW-H750 soundbar and M-7 speakers to a Pioneer VSX-70 receiver
I have a 70 inch led aquos. Connected to it through my receiver is a pioneer blu Ray player. Watching the blu ray when it chan
Connect Samsung Soundbar to my Pioneer receiver to use it as front speakers and use the woofer
How do I connect a Pioneer VSX-1123-K (Audio/Video receiver) to my Telus Optik TV Box so that I can watch TV with surround

ASK THE COMMUNITY