How do I connect external monitor from safemode in windows 7?

AgnesBr

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
My screen is black in normal mode, but in safemode it's fine. The computer starts with no problem, the windows logo comes up, but after that the screen goes black, I can type my password and hear the computer log in, but theres no visual of it.

My current plan is to reset the computer to an earlier time and see if that works, but there's some work in it that I want to get a backup from before doing that, so I want to attach an external monitor while being in safemode and then go from there to normal mode. How do i do it and is it possible?

Hi,

While in Safe Mode press the Windows key + P at the same time and select between Extended or Duplicate display and see if that will work but chances are it will not work since if the laptop is in Safe Mode only the basic drivers will work. Another way to make it work is a little tricky. You'll need to open the laptop and disconnect the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard and it should make the external display as the default display so you'll see everything on it even in BIOS. :)

Hopefully this will help. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thepenguin92 Laptop Tech Support 0
Mathias Aivasovsky Laptop Tech Support 1
Averyonetimeuser Laptop Tech Support 0
darren12341234 Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
282aviral Laptop Tech Support 1
aparky42 Laptop Tech Support 1
prodbyzy Laptop Tech Support 0
ratnakarsoren Laptop Tech Support 1
sulphur88 Laptop Tech Support 1