How Do I get All My Speakers to work?

cjames1173

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015
I have a 5.1 channel a/v amp that my computer is plugged into via HDMI and my TV is hooked up via HDMI from the AMP. I am still only getting stereo sound. I dont care if I get true surround sound but I want all 5 of my speakers to be working. I have the system hooked up right. I am wondering if I need a special sound card to run the 5.1 system from my computer or if there is a simple software solution. Please let me know!

Thanks

The first thing to do is to check that your computer is putting out 5.1 channel audio. Check the audio control panel to see that is can do that and that it is set up to do so.
If you don't care about getting true surround sound then select a different surround mode on the receiver. Set it to multi channel stereo (or something similar) and all the speakers will play all the time. Try the different modes until you find one you like.

The first thing to do is to check that your computer is putting out 5.1 channel audio. Check the audio control panel to see that is can do that and that it is set up to do so.
If you don't care about getting true surround sound then select a different surround mode on the receiver. Set it to multi channel stereo (or something similar) and all the speakers will play all the time. Try the different modes until you find one you like.