How do I get my laptop to use its in-built speaker or to recognize my headphones?

yoki_ikoy

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
I recently linked my HP laptop via bluetooth to my Creative MUVO Mini portable speaker just to see how it'd sound. Sounds great, btw. However, I was kind of expecting Windows 10 to automatically revert back to the laptop speaker once I disabled the MUVO Mini. No deal. I also tried plugging in my headphones to see if Win10 would automatically recognize them, as it did before, but no deal there either.

When I right click the sound icon and go to Playback Devices it says there are none. I've even checked inside Services to make sure Windows Audio is running, and it is. I've also used the sound troubleshooter, which didn't help. I'm really not sure what to try next. For now I'll just use the MUVO Mini so that I can have audio, but hopefully I can get back to being able to switch between audio devices eventually!

I would like to express my gratitude ahead of time for any help you fine, intelligent folk can give me! Thank you!!

Solution
ok, i guess you already did try to restart your pc.
when disconnecting the muvo from the pc; how does that work.
do you do it from the pc or the muvo?
it might be (if just shutting off the muvo) that the pc doesnt realise it is no longer connected to the bt device.

birne

Estimable
May 19, 2015
ok, i guess you already did try to restart your pc.
when disconnecting the muvo from the pc; how does that work.
do you do it from the pc or the muvo?
it might be (if just shutting off the muvo) that the pc doesnt realise it is no longer connected to the bt device.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS