How do I make 2d Blu-Ray movies convert to 3D (playing through 3D Blu-Ray Drive)?

Froggman

Estimable
Aug 25, 2015
Thats what I'm trying to figure out. Or for that matter, if it is possible to convert regular DVD's to 3D? I will buy 3D blu-ray movies, just looking to get the most out of this drive. Just recieved it in the mail, and it said in addition to playing 3D blu-ray movies, it was capable of converting 2D to 3D.... I just dont know how to do this or where the options are.

If anyone has personal experience with this, help would be appreciated. C: Thanks!

>computer is a dell XPS8700, i7, 8gb memory
>display is a 144ms 3D monitor
>gpu is 3D ready Gigabyte 650ti boost 2gb
>I use Nvidia 3D vision 2 kit, and have been able to play games in 3D just fine
>Blu ray drive is "LG WH16NS40" 3D capable blu ray burner. Says in description of this drive that is is capable of converting 2D to 3D. So I need something that will do this for Nvidia 3D vision.. not the red/blue crap or 2 separate screen type 3D.

Is it a PC drive or standalone? The TV it's connected to need to be able to do it as well, meaning it has to be a 3D TV. There's also content that can't do 2D to 3D.

If it's a PC drive, you need software to even play blu-rays on it, unless it came with your PC, then there's a chance you already have a good software.

http://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdvd-ultra/buy_en_EU.html?affid=2581_-1_419_PDVD-B&mkwid=s&pcrid=80212185443&pkw=cyberlink%20power%20dvd&pmt=p&pdv=c&gclid=COXS_fCV2ckCFerFcgodmh0AOA&r=1

Or

http://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdvd-live/buy_en_US.html

Which can do DVD 2D to 3D as well as blu-ray 2D to 3D. The Ultra pack is better value because you don't subscribe.

Froggman

Estimable
Aug 25, 2015

Thanks for your reply!

Well my pc is roughly 2 years old. It came with whatever software they give you. I downloaded VLC media player,
quicktime, and windows media player classic. The Blu ray is a drive, not standalone. I have been able to play games in 3D just fine, just seeing what it will take for movies.. or how to convert std to 3d. Thanks for the links, Ill find out if I need them and look into software more I guess. :D

If it helps to know or changes anything you're thinking:
>computer is a dell XPS8700
>display is a 144ms 3D monitor
>gpu is 3D ready Gigabyte 650ti boost 2gb
>I use Nvidia 3D vision 2 kit, and have been able to play games in 3D just fine
>Blu ray drive is "LG WH16NS40" 3D capable blu ray burner