How do I stop Activesync.....

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

.....from always popping up? It's there on the desktop when I start
up Windows. I minimise it. I plug in the iPaq, there is Activesync
so I minimise it. Oh look! It's sync'd....so there is the window
again.

Is there anay way to minimise it totally so that it only pops up
if/when there's something that needs attention? It does a fairly
decent job of sync'ing in the background, so why can't it manage
to stay in the background?

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Thu, 20 May 2004 19:18:37 +0100, Bryan Anderson
<usenet@anderson-it.com> wrote:

>
> ....from always popping up? It's there on the desktop when I start
> up Windows. I minimise it. I plug in the iPaq, there is Activesync
> so I minimise it. Oh look! It's sync'd....so there is the window
> again.
>
> Is there anay way to minimise it totally so that it only pops up
> if/when there's something that needs attention? It does a fairly
> decent job of sync'ing in the background, so why can't it manage
> to stay in the background?
>

Sure, just open Activesync on your desktop. Hit the Options button,
choose the Rules tab and uncheck "Open activesync when device connects."

Hope this helps,
Brad

--
Brad Isaac
editor, www.pocketpcaddict.com
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Thursday, Brad Isaac wrote:

> Sure, just open Activesync on your desktop. Hit the Options
> button, choose the Rules tab and uncheck "Open activesync when
> device connects."

That did it! Sometimes they are so obvious. Now, how do I stop
it making a system beep when it connects or disconnects?

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Thu, 20 May 2004 19:29:17 +0100, Bryan Anderson
<usenet@anderson-it.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, Brad Isaac wrote:
>
>> Sure, just open Activesync on your desktop. Hit the Options
>> button, choose the Rules tab and uncheck "Open activesync when
>> device connects."
>
> That did it! Sometimes they are so obvious. Now, how do I stop
> it making a system beep when it connects or disconnects?
>


On the pocket pc go to Start>settings> Sounds and notifications and hit
the Notifications tab. Use the dropdown to select Activesync "Begin sync"
and uncheck "Play Sound" then do the same for "End Sync"

Hope this helps,
Brad
--
Brad Isaac
editor, www.pocketpcaddict.com
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Thursday, Brad Isaac wrote:

> On the pocket pc go to Start>settings> Sounds and notifications and
> hit the Notifications tab. Use the dropdown to select Activesync
> "Begin sync" and uncheck "Play Sound" then do the same for "End Sync"

Already done this. And on the desktop I have used the Control Panel to
make sure that the desktop plays no sounds on connection. This is okay
but I now get a 'system beep' - you know the sound that doesn't come
from the speakers/soundcard, but from the buzzer/speaker on the mother
board?

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Might generate a "silent" wav file and put in with the other sounds and
select that to preclude the system beep... theory only, please report back.

Personally, I changed my activesync sound to a cuckoo call ;-)

Beverly
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Thursday, Beverly Howard wrote:

> Might generate a "silent" wav file and put in with the other sounds
> and select that to preclude the system beep... theory only, please
> report back.

Lateral thinking there...recorded a two second .wav file and put in
in c:\windows\media and then selected it as the sound to be played
on connection and disconnection and now all is quiet. Many thanks.

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY