How do I stop my laptop from continually pressing keys?

williamheintz

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017
For may be the last month or so my laptop has had a problem where without me touching anything it will randomly start continually making a key go off as if I am holding it down. Usually once I press a key manually it will stop for however long. I mostly just watch YouTube so I ignored it, but now it's getting a lot worse and now a few of the keys aren't working. I tried uninstalling the keyboard driver and restarting which didn't fix it. I am having to use on screen keyboard to type because a few keys don't work and randomly a key will start going off nonstop until I press something. Any suggestions on how to fix? I don't have a regular keyboard to plugin.

Lutfij

Splendid
1| Can you please pass on the make and model of your laptop? An SKU would help.
2| I think, from the way you've put it, you're only options are:
a| replace the keyboard
or
b| open/disassemble the laptop's keyboard from the unit and clean it out of debris.

The latter is something I had to do with my little brother's HP 4430s keyboard since it had a number of keys being pressed. The end result after cleaning each key cap and the board itself is to buy a replacement keyboard.

keirthlkilat

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018

i got the same problem sir but mine was the left key. same problem the key somewhat pressing it self and when i press a key it stops. i cant figure out what is the problem
MY LAPTOP:
dell inspiron 5558

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 3