Solved! How do you format SD card if it does not show up under storage?

Nov 20, 2018
I added my 64GB SD card to my On5 Android 6.0.1 phone. My phone does not show SD card under Storage. How am I supposed to format the SD card????

Solution
The safest way is to buy a carrier that allows the card to fit into a slot on a PC or laptop. It's just a bit of plastic, the size of a full size SdCard and the micro card slips it into it. They're quite inexpensive.

Using Windows Control Panel>Administative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management, format the card in the FAT format and NOT NTFS - that's just for Windows.

Also, check your specification of your device because I seem to recall some only accept 32GB SdCards
The safest way is to buy a carrier that allows the card to fit into a slot on a PC or laptop. It's just a bit of plastic, the size of a full size SdCard and the micro card slips it into it. They're quite inexpensive.

Using Windows Control Panel>Administative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management, format the card in the FAT format and NOT NTFS - that's just for Windows.

Also, check your specification of your device because I seem to recall some only accept 32GB SdCards

Solution