How do you maintain your PC?

chrisgregory

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
I'm just curious what programs you folks use to clean and maintain your PC. Also, how often do you run/perform these tasks? It's probably my OCD but I like to do my maintenance once a week. Whether that's overkill or what I've never actually researched but so far for me it works. "Once a week" maintenance for me would entail a full system virus scan using FREE Microsoft Security Essentials (I think this is the best free Anti-Virus out there), a full system scan using FREE Malware Bytes, a full system scan using FREE Super Anti Spyware(this detects hundreds of infected tracking cookies that MB never detects), a full disk cleanup, a registry clean using Eusing's FREE Registry cleaner, and lastly I'll run CCleaner, a free version as well I believe. I analyze the defrag and only defrag when it's 10%. It usually takes a long time for it to hit that percentage.

So I ask a few things; obviously what do you use and how often do you do it is first off. Secondly, is there anything I don't use that I should be. Thirdly, do I have a good system going? And forth, is there anything out there that will get rid of pesky stuff that doesn't want to leave your add/remove programs list and start menu lists despite them being deleted from your system?

Chris

Sevenater

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
I personally don't run any programs to maintain my system, I just stay away from risky downloads and stick with McAfee Security to keep me from corrupting my HDD. I do however clean the inside of my PC every so often with compressed air. That's pretty much it though. Hope this helps!

G

I'm with Sevenater. I have Avast running for real time protection but mostly I just try to stay away from risky stuff.

As for physically cleaning it, about once a month or so, I give it a good going through including removing the radiator to clean the fins.