Ok so I have the ASUS G751JY G-Sync laptop with 75 hz screen. I do understand G-Sync makes gameplay smoother by removing stutter, input lag, and tearing, although I was curious to how it would work on this laptop?
• What happens when fps reaches over 75?
• Does it improve the smoothness of fps when it reaches 30 - 40 fps?
• Would using Nvidia Inspector to cap the fps improve performance along with G-Sync?
I know it's a little much to ask but would really appreciate the answers! Thanks!
1. Basically when the FPS is above the screen's refresh rate G-Sync is disabled and V-Sync kicks in so that graphics are not rendered faster than the monitor can be displayed which can cause screen tearing. Below the refresh rate (75Hz for your laptop), G-Sync kicks in to match the refresh rate with the FPS the GPU can push.
2. I suppose it can make games feel more smooth by eliminating screen tearing. Read the article to see if it answers your question.
3. I doesn't seem necessary since V-Sync will kick in when the GPU renders more FPS than the screen's refresh rate can display.