How to achieve 5.1 with 4 monitors

XxZacksterZxX

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
Hey everyone,

I have a home studio with rack mounts and sound mixers everywhere, as well as 4 monitors plugged into my 1070. I was just wondering how I could plug my PC into my Denon receiver to achieve 5.1 while still getting the 4 monitor surround.

Thanks.

Solution

If your board or sound card has optical output, it's the best bet and easiest - just get an optical TOSLINK cable and connect the PC to your AVR. Otherwise, you can use the analog 1/8" jacks and RCA adapters like these, example here, those would be the Front L/R, rear L/R and the Center/Sub so 3 adapters total. If you only have the 4 speakers you can defer the Center / Sub adapter if you like, and connect it up when you get the actual speakers.

Well you would actually need the center channel and sub to get full 5.1 surround, otherwise you just get Quadraphonic audio, which you...

If your board or sound card has optical output, it's the best bet and easiest - just get an optical TOSLINK cable and connect the PC to your AVR. Otherwise, you can use the analog 1/8" jacks and RCA adapters like these, example here, those would be the Front L/R, rear L/R and the Center/Sub so 3 adapters total. If you only have the 4 speakers you can defer the Center / Sub adapter if you like, and connect it up when you get the actual speakers.

Well you would actually need the center channel and sub to get full 5.1 surround, otherwise you just get Quadraphonic audio, which you can set in your speaker configuration of your audio control panel. Example of setting quadraphonic speaker output here

cheers

Solution