How to block incoming/outgoing emails from/to a BlackBerry device ?

morbius1

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
I am not sure where exactly in the Forum to post my question, so I am trying here.

Is there any way, for a messaging system user, to block any incoming email sent from an external BlackBerry device, and this regardless of the sender’s email address ?

Likewise, I wish to block the sending from my messaging system of any email which would be read on an external BlackBerry device. Can this be done ?

For information, I use Outlook and Windows Mail.

Solution
1. Detect and block an email from a BB. Maybe, but I doubt it. Let's say the user is sending an email directly from gmail.com, but on his BB device. Where would that email be coming from? gmail or the BB device?

2. Prevent an outgoing email from being read on a BB device. Not possible. Once sent, you cannot control what device or service a user might use to read an email.

morbius1

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009

Not exactly. Perhaps I was not too clear in my OP, so let me try to clarify.

I do not have a BB and nobody in my enterprise has one.
What we want to do is to prevent anyone from outside to communicate with us using a BB device (external to the enterprise).
In other words, we want our internal messaging system to be able to detect when an incoming email has been sent from a BB device, block the email, and then send back an automated answer to the sender (the one who sent the email from his/her BB) explaining that, as per internal corporate policy, we do not accept email sent from a BB device and we invite the sender to send his email again, but this time from a non BB device.

In the same way, we would like to prevent our people to send emails which will be received on a BB device. This, however, might be more difficult to achieve as, from what I understand, there is nothing in an email address that would identify its owner to be a BB user.

Hope I was clearer this time.
Any idea ?

USAFRet

Illustrious
1. Detect and block an email from a BB. Maybe, but I doubt it. Let's say the user is sending an email directly from gmail.com, but on his BB device. Where would that email be coming from? gmail or the BB device?

2. Prevent an outgoing email from being read on a BB device. Not possible. Once sent, you cannot control what device or service a user might use to read an email.

Solution