How to connect a laptop to a smart TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dariussaba

Estimable
Sep 23, 2014
I Have a Samsung Smart TV (7150). I like to be able to connect my laptop to it via bluetooth. Is that possible? I have used Bluetooth dongles, to no avail. Although I was able to hook up my bluetooth keyborad to it. Any ideas?

ssddx

Glorious
no. bluetooth is unable to broadcast high resolution video since it has a rather limited data transfer rate.

to connect wirelessly to your tv you would need a more specialized device meant for streaming video.

it may be possible to stream this ove wifi if your connection is good enough but this might also result in a bit of lag or delay.

the best choice is of course using a physical hdmi cable.

ssddx

Glorious
no. bluetooth is unable to broadcast high resolution video since it has a rather limited data transfer rate.

to connect wirelessly to your tv you would need a more specialized device meant for streaming video.

it may be possible to stream this ove wifi if your connection is good enough but this might also result in a bit of lag or delay.

the best choice is of course using a physical hdmi cable.

serge44

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
Bluetooth won't work for that. If you want to use it as a main screen, use an HDMI cable. If you want to connect wirelessly for stuff like Netflix or anything that comes out of Chrome, buy a Google Chromecast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 3
I Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
O Streaming Video & TVs 2