how to...connect blu ray player, hdmi tvv and surround dvd component via hdmi

Michael_742

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
I have a new Sony blu-ray disc player w/4k upscaling, wi-fi, 3d playback bdp-ps6700, an older Sony tv, and a 5 disc DVD player with surround. My problem is that I do not know how to connect the 3, where the audio of the Blu-ray player plays out of the DVD surround system.

I am pleased with the tv and surround system, and am not ready to upgrade that yet.

Solution
Without model numbers we can't guess what connections you have on the TV and DVD/HTS.
If the TV and HTS have HDMI-ARC then that connection you already use from the output of the DVD.HTS to the TV can be used to send audio from the TV to the HTS.
If not you can connect the audio output of the TV to the DVD/HTS or you can connect the coax digital audio output of the BD player to the DVD/HTS.
It depends on what outputs and inputs you have. You might need a converter.
Without model numbers we can't guess what connections you have on the TV and DVD/HTS.
If the TV and HTS have HDMI-ARC then that connection you already use from the output of the DVD.HTS to the TV can be used to send audio from the TV to the HTS.
If not you can connect the audio output of the TV to the DVD/HTS or you can connect the coax digital audio output of the BD player to the DVD/HTS.
It depends on what outputs and inputs you have. You might need a converter.

Solution