How to connect one PS3, one PS4 and one PC to Logitech Z-5500 and one monitor?

Erchamion

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
Hello,

I have PS3, PS4, PC, Logitech Z-5500 and Asus PG279Q monitor.

What these have as ports:

PS3: Digital Out (Optical) and one HDMI ports.
PS4: Digital Out (Optical) and one HDMI ports. (Though I want to go with the slim version which doesn't have the optical out.)
Z-5500: One 6 ch direct, one digital coax, one digital optical, one 1/8" audio jack (for connecting devices like ipods).
Monitor: One HDMI, one Display Port, one 1/8" audio jack.
PC: Aux ports and optical output.

I want to connect my PC, PS3 and PS4 to my monitor and 5.1 speaker system at the same time (and simultaneously). If I hadn't have PS4, I could connect my PS3 to monitor through HDMI, my PC to monitor through Display port, again my PS3 to speakers through optical output and my PC to speakers through 6 ch direct aux cables without a problem. But PS4 makes things complicated.

In addition to above connection, I want to connect my PS4 to monitor and Z-5500 as well. Because I want to go with slim, I will not have optical output option and also I'm out of HDMI ports on the monitor. And now I want to connect my PC through optical output as well because I've learned that I could use DTS and DD only through digital outputs. (I also have a great audio on my mobo and I want to profit from it but with Z-5500 is coming with it's own pre-amplifiers as control pod and it has the input connectors, what should I do?) And I want to be able to run all these three devies at the same time, so when I want to use one of them, I should be able to switch them as simple as switching inputs on the monitor and Z-5500 control pod. (I don't want to turn one off to use another, I want to switch go and back quickly.)

I thought maybe if I connect everything to the monitor (using a HDMI splitter or switch?) and from it's audio (headphone) jack to Z-5500's audio jack with male to male audio cable, whenever I switch inputs of monitor between devices, I could get the sound from that device as well, but I think I can't get 5.1 surround sound with this way.

I'm looking for inexpensive solutions. Would appreciate any ideas. Thank you.

Update: Or is there any device that combines both HDMI splitter and HDMI audio extractor? So I could connect two HDMI cables that comes from PS3 and PS4 to this device, then output it as one HDMI to monitor, and output as one optical cable to Z-5500? Then at the Z-5500 end, I will connect this optical cable and one coming from PC to an optical splitter then to Z-5500? But they gotta have swtich capabilities on them. Like this?

Erchamion

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017

Is the one I've linked in the update section at the bottom (https://www.amazon.com/Switch-Optical-Extractor-Splitter-Supports/dp/B01K7BZ1XC/) same?

Also, how should I connect the PC to Z-5500 too? Because I only have one optical out on Z-5500 which I will use it with the selector. If using with aux ports doesn't have a difference than using with optical out, I could use them though.