How to disable screen lock on Huawei P8 lite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tina_41

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
I can not to remove the lock screen on my P8 lite. I go to Settings>Screen lock & passwords>Password. There I can choose only pattern, PIN or Password, but I can not to tap on- NONE. Under that is sentence - Disabled by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage.

What does it mean and what I should do?

Solution
And you are yelling why? :)

Do you by chance have more than one user account on the phone? If yes, this would make it not allow for the none option to be used. You would have to remove all other user account, leaving just one remaining one, to make it work.

Also, after doing my original suggestion, did you reboot the phone? It won't work if you don't.
1. Go to "Security".

2. Scroll down and locate "Encryption". From here you can decrypt the device. This will allow you to also fix "Disabled by administrator", "encryption policy" and/or "credential storage".

NOTE: If your device is encrypted, you will be asked to enter your PIN again and again.

3. Now tap “Device Administrators” and uncheck any box you see.

This should fix the "Disabled by administrator" error.

Tina_41

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

It does not work!

And you are yelling why? :)

Do you by chance have more than one user account on the phone? If yes, this would make it not allow for the none option to be used. You would have to remove all other user account, leaving just one remaining one, to make it work.

Also, after doing my original suggestion, did you reboot the phone? It won't work if you don't.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.