How to disassembly the LG P430 Laptop (at least remove the first plastic case)?

Kaze_Senshi

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Hello guys, I have a laptop from LG ( model LG P430-K.BE44P1(7465) ). It has almost 3 years and I think that it is starting to overheat, so I thought about opening its backcase and at least blowing away the dust stored there. My problem is that I really don't know how to remove the bottom backcase.

I removed 6 metal screws (that were horrible to remove and hurt my hands). Even without any screw I can't remove the plastic case in its bottoms. It seems that the case is glued on the laptop. I don't know if I really need to pull it using strength, I need to remove the keyboard to remove some internal screws or I need to sacrifice a goat to be able to open this thing.

I even found a video tutorial about the LG P430 disassembly, but it doesn't detail the part of the removal from the bottom plastic case.

Here is a pic of me trying to push the plastic case without any screw using a metal claw.

ohaX0Jk.jpg

Is there someone here with some experience in opening the LG P430? Thanks.

Solution
According to the video, it looks to me like you have to firmly pull up on the edge of the panel where your claw tool is. There are probably tabs on the panel that snap into the base of the laptop, requiring a firm pull upwards to dislodge. Of course, I could be mistaken.
According to the video, it looks to me like you have to firmly pull up on the edge of the panel where your claw tool is. There are probably tabs on the panel that snap into the base of the laptop, requiring a firm pull upwards to dislodge. Of course, I could be mistaken.

Solution

Kaze_Senshi

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Thanks 1shado1, as you said, there are two tabs. So I had to pull it horizontally before moving it vertically. However since there is a plastic point inside of the case, this happened with my HD's isolation case:

TWQCitn.jpg

Really that notebook has a horrible internal design. To remove the cooler itself I think that I need to remove the keyboard and about 10 screws inside. So I gave up and close my notebook until I have an extra one. Thanks for your answer.

If someone else finds a notebook like this, an easier and safier way is to use your thumbs and do a circular movement while holding these notebook legs:

pPzCWRF.jpg

PS: My notebook is fine. The HD is alive.

Kaze_Senshi

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Well this is my second notebook, the first one was a very cheap one but it was very easy to disassembly. The cooler was very easy to clean. This notebook taught me that high price doesn't mean that it will be easy to disassembly too. In the next time I will consider this factor when buying a new one.