Solved! How to fix Audio Leakage/Crosstalk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2019
Hey so recently out of the blue whenever I talk on discord/use my mic people can hear the audio I'm hearing such as games or youtube or music through my microphone. I used to use Astro a10s then recently switched to Cooler Master mh751s and I thought at first the problem was with the Cooler Master headset. So I plugged my Astros back and I'm still getting audio leakage into my mic. Is this a problem with the headsets or my laptop. If you're wondering the laptop is a HP Omen 15 and I got it like 1 month ago.

Solution
If both headsets are doing this, then it sounds likely that it is the laptop. To be sure, try the headsets on another device and see if you get the same issue. I am guessing you won't.

If it is that new of a laptop, then you may want to consider exchanging it and see if another one resolves the problem. If it continues, then it may well be a flaw in the model.

Should not not wish to return it or go with getting a different model/brand, then the only other thing I can suggest is to get a 3.5mm (or dual 3.5mm if need be) to USB adapter and try connecting it that way. See if this resolves the problem.
If both headsets are doing this, then it sounds likely that it is the laptop. To be sure, try the headsets on another device and see if you get the same issue. I am guessing you won't.

If it is that new of a laptop, then you may want to consider exchanging it and see if another one resolves the problem. If it continues, then it may well be a flaw in the model.

Should not not wish to return it or go with getting a different model/brand, then the only other thing I can suggest is to get a 3.5mm (or dual 3.5mm if need be) to USB adapter and try connecting it that way. See if this resolves the problem.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.