Solved! How to get 5.1 audio in my Home theatre

Jan 26, 2019
Help me how to get 5.1 audio.

I have Onida LEO32HRZ 81 cm (32) LED TV (Non Smart), Tata sky TV setup box and Philips spa8000b/94 5.1 Home theatre.

Home theatre doesn’t have HDMI or Optical ports. Only RCA ports available.

Tatasky setup box has both HDMI and Optical cable options.

Please suggest the best possible way to get 5.1 audio in my home theatre.

Solution
You can't get digital 5.1 unless the HTS has a digital input. You can get the older Dolby Prologic type surround sound.
You will need an optical to analog converter to connect the TV to that HTS. Check the TV manual on how to turn on the optical output. You may also have to turn the TV speakers off and change the audio type to PCM stereo depending on the converter you get.

Supahos

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Not sure if it'll do 5.1 other than simulated, but you can get a HDMI or optical to rca adapter and then plug into your stereo. It may keep the native signal but I've not actually tried it

You can't get digital 5.1 unless the HTS has a digital input. You can get the older Dolby Prologic type surround sound.
You will need an optical to analog converter to connect the TV to that HTS. Check the TV manual on how to turn on the optical output. You may also have to turn the TV speakers off and change the audio type to PCM stereo depending on the converter you get.

Solution