How to get rid of background PC's fan noise while Commentating

ARSHAAVIN

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
All I wanted to ask that I have a corsair vengeance 1500 headset and I use that to record my commentary but it always catches my PC fan voice no matter what settings I try. I also know noise removal and all that stuff but that ain't fixing the background PC fan noise (or some internal noise). After that, I had tried analogue mic with noise removal (realtek drivers) and then commentary was without any noise but sound quality was not appealing even at 192Khz studio quality, it was like (wah wah) in every word. Please help me!

Thanks and regards

ARSHAAVIN

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
but my headset is working fine on teamspeak why to replace them ? Just when I am recording the background bzzzz also gets recorded and its hard to remove it vegas or in premiere.

GeForce Junky

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015
Have you muted the mic and line in options under your headset playback options? My 1500 always used to hiss and buzz because Windows liked to turn these setting back on every so often randomly.

Go Sound Options > Playback devices > 1500 Properties > Levels > mute the mic and line in options

Also ensure the 1500 mic level is set to 100

Go Sound Options > recording devices > 1500 Properties > Levels > mic to 100%

Turn off any microphone noise cancelling or processing. The headset really shouldn't be hearing you fan noise unless you have a seriously fan noise issue. It's probably interference noise from having your levels set incorrectly or poor quality from the 1500.

ARSHAAVIN

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
hey man, thanks for your reply. Did everything as you said above but still the issue is there. I am really fed up this noise & hmmm. Even after editing with several audio plugins in vegas and premiere its there. Just don't that even if I buy a new headset this problem will be gone or persists. :(

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014

Is it electrical interference noise or is it the physical noise from the fan? If it is just the fan, then you could try moving your case further away from your seat, or underneath the desk. Think simple fixes.

ARSHAAVIN

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010

I just have a pc. I just wanted to know that does it matter if there is no proper earthing of electricity in the house, could that be the reason. What should I do ?

ARSHAAVIN

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010

this is the sample audio --
http://

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014

Earthing should not matter. EMI noise can originate from your soundcard or cheaper headsets. Are you using onboard sound? or do you have a soundcard installed?

Test if you get similar noise with a different headset. If not, then you might want to consider purchasing a new headset or separate microphone.

ARSHAAVIN

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010

I don't have a sound card at the moment. Gonna test with other headsets, will a good sound card eliminates that BG noise ? But yeah first its important to know whether my 1500 is a bad performer, have you heard the audio that I have linked so you might get an Idea.

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014

I would not expect a Corsair headset to be a bad performer. It is more likely that you are picking up EMI from the onboard sound. So a test with a dedicated sound card might help too.

Have you tried muting AUX in and CD etc on the sound mixer? Play about with some of those too and see if there is any improvement.

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014

I still only use a Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme gamer card. I've had it for about 10 years! You don't need to spend a lot on a sound card to get good results!! The cheaper Creative X-Fi Audigy cards or ASUS Xonar D1 are more than enough to produce better sound and reduce EMI feedback than onboard sound.