How to get surround sound playing music off my labtop head phone jack

delia_mad420

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
IM TRYING TO PLAY MUSIC IN SURROUND OFF MY LAPTOP SAMSUNG ON A TECHNICS SA-DX 1050 AMP WITH A/V CABLES. ALL IM GETTING IS STEREO. PLUS SUB IS WORKING SO THATS GOOD BUT HOW CAN I GET SURROUND ? PLEASE ALSO KNOW MY HDMI PORT IS MISSING SO THAT IS OUT. HOPE THERE IS A WORK AROUND. THX

Solution
"Surround" means "more than two channels". Your laptop' headphone jack outputs two channels only. You also need "surround" music source. If all you play is MP3s, you will get just stereo.

You can try selecting a mode on your receiver with creates pseudo-surround sound out of the stereo signal it receives.

If you want real surround sound when eg watching movies with surround sound in them, you need external sound card with optical output.

p.p. Don't use ALL-CAPS! It makes your post very difficult to read
"Surround" means "more than two channels". Your laptop' headphone jack outputs two channels only. You also need "surround" music source. If all you play is MP3s, you will get just stereo.

You can try selecting a mode on your receiver with creates pseudo-surround sound out of the stereo signal it receives.

If you want real surround sound when eg watching movies with surround sound in them, you need external sound card with optical output.

p.p. Don't use ALL-CAPS! It makes your post very difficult to read

Solution