How to hook older yamaha to lg 4k tv sumone help wut do i nees

Jeromy N Karla

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Yamaha reciever need to know if its possible to hook up to new 4k tv i have optical hookups on both tv and reciever but pretty sure the plugs are diff sumone plz help

Solution
The optical connections should be the same. Sort of a square hole with the bottom corners chopped off. On old equipment there was a plastic plug to keep dust out. On newer gear there is a flat piece of plastic that gets pushed in by the connector. Same shape though.
There is a round connector which was for portable devices but I have never seen it on any TVs or HTS.
Don't worry about it since the shape is only to hold the light pipe in place. Tape will work fine too.
The optical connections should be the same. Sort of a square hole with the bottom corners chopped off. On old equipment there was a plastic plug to keep dust out. On newer gear there is a flat piece of plastic that gets pushed in by the connector. Same shape though.
There is a round connector which was for portable devices but I have never seen it on any TVs or HTS.
Don't worry about it since the shape is only to hold the light pipe in place. Tape will work fine too.

Solution