how to hook up cable with no box to panasonic plasma tv

Paul Frazier

Estimable
Jun 9, 2014
yes i have a Panasonic flat screen 42 inch plasma tv I can get sound with cable hook up but no picture, when i watch movie on blue ray i get picture and sound, guessing cause it's HDMI hook up? i get picture with laptop hooked up as well. I have a Time Warner cable box and have tried running my cable through the HDMI port but still can't get any picture any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Solution
Call TWC tell them you suddenly started having issues with your cable box.

"it just wont give me a signal anymore i dont know whats wrong but it only seems to apply to your company's cable box" etc.

They will in all likelihood send a technician out to you for free that will troubleshoot and fix your problem.

vortical

Estimable
Jun 6, 2014
Call TWC tell them you suddenly started having issues with your cable box.

"it just wont give me a signal anymore i dont know whats wrong but it only seems to apply to your company's cable box" etc.

They will in all likelihood send a technician out to you for free that will troubleshoot and fix your problem.

Solution

Paul Frazier

Estimable
Jun 9, 2014

I only have 1 HDMI port on tv, And something else Time warner is supposedly going digital so I got a digital converter box but won't be able to activate it until the 10th which is in the morning Don't know if you can answer this or not but when connecting hdmi for my cable do i need to plug cable into my tv or just plug it into the cable box/ digital converter where it says cable in, and then just use my hdmi for cable out? If nothing else works i'll call and get technician to come out thanks for the advise

Paul Frazier

Estimable
Jun 9, 2014

Thanks for the advice that's what I done and hopefully they will be here this afternoon I just hate to admit defeat especially when it comes to my electronics, but to save me some sanity I called twc last night so I'll see exactly what the deal is today and update incase someone else has the same problem Thanks once again..

Paul Frazier

Estimable
Jun 9, 2014
Update I figured out why i wasn't getting a picture I had chosen the wrong HD resolution the correct resolution that works on my tv is 1080i can't choose auto cause then it goes to 480i and I have to reboot in order to get to my settings, Thanks for the advice it was very helpful... Paul

Aussawin Cookie

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014
Digital and high-definition television formats have raised the bar in television picture quality in the past several years. Connecting an older tube-style television to a new digital cable, satellite or over-air digital system is now impossible without a digital converter box. All televisions made in the last few years, however, have digital components built in and do not require a converter box to work with the new digital and high-definition systems. These newer-style televisions with built-in digital capability are the only type of televisions that will work without requiring a box to convert the signal.