How to hook up my Yamaha HTR 5860 receiver to Samsung LED Smart TV for surround sound ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electra60

Prominent
May 14, 2017
I am trying to hook up my Yamaha HTR 5860 receiver to my Samsung LED Smart TV for surround sound. I tried hooking the regular AV sound cords to the receiver but no sound coming out of the speakers, cords are good. I also changed my TV settings to external speaker for surround sound and still nothing. Do I need a special cords or something ? I had this receiver hooked up to an older model TV before and it worked. Now I cant get sound out of my speakers with smart TV. Below are some link pics to the back view of my TV and receiver for further reference.

Yamaha HTR 5860 receiver :
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page/htr5860b_back.jpg

Samsung LED Smart TV Model UN40EH5300F :
http://www.keywordsuggests.com/ESWDz4spI7OHsy5F2ZXJsupf4sNM6GG%7CXl8ARdCB7CU5eHrcgNoI8EoRgW41vc%7CQOX*dB72%7CMn3JQF29tsTRsA/

Alternate link for back of TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paJUVPieZh4

Electra60

Prominent
May 14, 2017
Ok great !! I see exactly what you are referring to. I do not have that specific cable though. Please forgive me, I am not so knowledgeable in this area. Can you tell me what type of cord I would specifically need, any specific brand etc. ? Any link or picture of what I need what be greatly appreciated !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Indra Tjahja Audio 4
sjwilliamsjr Audio 3
A Audio 1
damluar Audio 2
A Audio 4
S Audio 1
A Audio 0
U Audio 2
R Audio 2