How to put an aux input in old stereo

Apr 3, 2018
I have an rca brand stereo and theres no aux input but theres an output and I want to play music off of my phone the problem is all rca to aux adapters have 2 male rca leads and theres only one female plug on the back with a female aux cord plug. How do I get this to work

Solution
The only thing I would recommend to you would be to use a bluetooth transmitter that can broadcast to FM. For example, I have a Jabra hands free speakerphone I use in my car that I can tune to a specific FM frequency and have it play through my car's speakers. I connect to the Jabra via BT and can stream music in that manner. Seeing you have no actual hard inputs, that's the only solution I can think of outside of telling you to get a new receiver/stereo.

Good luck.
I can't find a thing based on that model number. Can you post a picture of the in/outputs available? You'd need to use a site like imgur and post the link/embed.

As @SkyBill40 mentioned, without an input natively, it's not possible.

I assume there's *something* available to you.... Much like older car stereos with no Aux inputs, adapters exist to step in between the connections to provide an Aux input after the fact. Now, whether it's economical, or overly viable, is a different debate.

Apr 3, 2018

Yeah I think I'm just going to patch into the CD player itself and hope the audio turns out alright

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
The only thing I would recommend to you would be to use a bluetooth transmitter that can broadcast to FM. For example, I have a Jabra hands free speakerphone I use in my car that I can tune to a specific FM frequency and have it play through my car's speakers. I connect to the Jabra via BT and can stream music in that manner. Seeing you have no actual hard inputs, that's the only solution I can think of outside of telling you to get a new receiver/stereo.

Good luck.

Solution