how to repair a damaged pdf file

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosrafa

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Hello, a couple of weeks ago, I downloaded a PDF file from my tablet, and began to read,( I found it very interesting) but suddenly some days ago I tried to open it, and poped up a window with the following: "There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired." I copy the file to my laptop but it didn't work. I do not what happened. Is it possible to repair it? Thank for help.

Solution
May be repairable.

I would try downloading or otherwise just getting a replacement copy of the .pdf file from a backup if available.

If not then try some repair software.

E.g.: https://www.stellarinfo.com/support/kb/index.php/article/repair-pdf-file

Google "repair .pdf file" or other similar words and phrasing as necessary to narrow down the search results.

Be wary of any downloaded fixes as such programs often attempt to bring along other stuff you do not want or make configuration changes to your system. E.g., change your browser.

Before doing anything, back up all of your data and verify the backups. Random file corruption can happen but it could be some developing system or drive problem.

And all of your files could be...
May be repairable.

I would try downloading or otherwise just getting a replacement copy of the .pdf file from a backup if available.

If not then try some repair software.

E.g.: https://www.stellarinfo.com/support/kb/index.php/article/repair-pdf-file

Google "repair .pdf file" or other similar words and phrasing as necessary to narrow down the search results.

Be wary of any downloaded fixes as such programs often attempt to bring along other stuff you do not want or make configuration changes to your system. E.g., change your browser.

Before doing anything, back up all of your data and verify the backups. Random file corruption can happen but it could be some developing system or drive problem.

And all of your files could be damaged and lost.

Or the software "fix" could make a mess of things.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.