How to set the default download location to SD card on a zte

Solution
Well, if it is running (or upgradable to) Android "Marshmallow", then the instructions below will work for you. That is, unless the manufacturer has restricted that option on that device. Which does happen.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card...
Well, if it is running (or upgradable to) Android "Marshmallow", then the instructions below will work for you. That is, unless the manufacturer has restricted that option on that device. Which does happen.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution
Mar 19, 2018

What if the SD card is already formatted as internal? and i do not have the three-dot menu at the top of the SD card selected screen?

My save location says tablet, i want all downloaded apps to go to my SD card. Can you help please?

It can't be formatted as "Internal" if the option to set it up as shown above isn't an option. Those are the needed steps, and needed versions of Android, for it to work. Without these, then you can't make the card internal storage. It could only be used for external storage of say files, but not most apps.