How to set up TV to autoplay USB videos when turned on

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjh136

Prominent
May 8, 2017
Currently, my company has a Sharp Aquos TV. Right now they want it to play videos from USB drive automatically when it is turned on. I tried to search for the settings but nothing seems to be able to do that. Is it even possible for the TV to do it?

Solution
With a URC or RTI universal remote you could certainly program a macro to do what you want.
A Logitech Harmony remote probably can get you to the right input with one button but I doubt it will play a file from that macro.
I doubt any TV has such feature. Possible? everything is possible, it just takes effort and $$$. In this case you are looking at hacking the firmware, and no I don't know how nor I have a connection who would know.

TV and disc players that understand CEC may turn the disc player on and auto play.

dudio

Admirable
Doesn't look like that TV (or any I know) does that.
The closest it comes is auto-playing photos on a stick, but you still have to select that media first :/
Maybe an external player could do it, but that sort of defeats the purpose of making it quick and simple.

dudio

Admirable
I voted you up on that one jsmith..a macro sounds like a good idea,
but then I imagined the steps a remote does, and I think the closest it would get is to access the root of the USB drive, but be unable to highlight the correct file, and play it.
.. or could it ?! :) One heck of a macro

tyler.theobald2

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017

I've only found one TV that does this and it does it very well. Vizio E Series Smartcast TV. If you insert an USB flash drive with an MP4 video on it, it will automatically play the video when the flash drive is inserted. Doesn't even matter what input was active, it will switch to USB input. There is no rewind or fast forward though, just pause and play. (This feature was for the store showroom to quickly play video in the store and was never meant for the end user to take advantage of - No mention in the manual about it)

tyler.theobald2

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017

I've only found one TV that does this and it does it very well. Vizio E Series Smartcast TV. If you insert an USB flash drive with an MP4 video on it, it will automatically play the video when the flash drive is inserted. Doesn't even matter what input was active, it will switch to USB input. There is no rewind or fast forward though, just pause and play. (This feature was for the store showroom to quickly play video in the store and was never meant for the end user to take advantage of - No mention in the manual about it)

ecode2010

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
I also want get a screen to auto play mp4 file from a USB drive (ideally if possible, able to store the MP4 files in the tv memory to avoid the USB overheated as atmosphere temperature is around 33DC) when the tv power supply is switch on by a timer.

What u mean just pause & play? I want the tv to play and repeat all the MP4 files non-stop till tv switch off automatically by a timer device.

Thank you

Feb 14, 2018

How do you get it to play once the power is turned off then back on? Or do you have to insert the drive every time you power off the unit. I have the Vizio E series Smartcast TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.