Solved! How to use AV input and HDMI output on a Yamaha HTR-4067

Status
Not open for further replies.

vletroye

Estimable
Dec 24, 2015
Hi,

I am a newbie regarding Audio & Video and would need some help to connect my Nintendo Wii on my Yamaha HTR-4067.

I am using my Yamaha HTR-4067 to play video via a projector + surround system since years. I have connected a Nvidia Shield TV on a HDMI 1 input and the projector on the HDMI output. this is working fine... I also have a PC connected HDMI 2 input and that works fine too.

Now, I would like to connect my Nintendo Wii on the AV 3 input of the Yamaha and get the display on my projector via the same HDMI output.

Once the Wii connected on Yamaha's AV 4 input, using Wii's RCA cable, I get the sound on my surround system after selecting the AV 4 input, but not the video ?!

I read the documentation of the Yamaha, but don't see anything that could explain my problem. On the other side, I don't see any information confirming that AV video input will be redirected onto the HDMI output...

Could anyone with experience help me to understand what's wrong with my attempt ?

Here is the documenation of my Yamaha: https://fr.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/6/331406/HTR-5067-4067_TRS-5770_om_URAGL_En.pdf

If I go to the "option" > "Info Signal", I see: Format=Analog, Canal=2/0/---, Video input=---, Video output=HDMI 576p

And just in case: yes the RCA connection works fine when connecting the Wii directly on a TV.

Many thx in adv for your advice !

V.

Solution
Some AV receivers will not converter analog video (component or composite) to digital so it can be viewed with the HDMI output.
If you can connect the Wii or receiver analog video out directly to the projector that will work.
If you use an external AV to HDMI converter that will work.
I don't have Yamaha but other AVR brand, and in the setup menu, there's a selection which audio (analog, coax, optical) and video (HDMI, component, composite) correspond to a particular input selector. These settings apply to inputs like TV, DVD etc. CHeck with Yamaha manual whether you have something similar.

vletroye

Estimable
Dec 24, 2015
I have now connected a video recorder on the AV 1 using a YUV cable. And I also don't have any image on the output HDMI... There is most probably something that I ignore...

NB.: The projector support PC signal and video signal as input via HDMI, so I would not expect to have an issuse with it.
But I have connected a PC screen on the HDMI output to see if that would work. Unfortunately, it does not display anything either.

Some AV receivers will not converter analog video (component or composite) to digital so it can be viewed with the HDMI output.
If you can connect the Wii or receiver analog video out directly to the projector that will work.
If you use an external AV to HDMI converter that will work.

Solution

vletroye

Estimable
Dec 24, 2015
Thx. I think that's indeed the conclusion...

I can unfortunately not find if my Yamaha clearly supports that or not in its user manual. I only see a picture (See bellow) which does not illustrate Video in => Hdmi out.

It works if connected directly on the projector. But as my projector is fixed to the ceiling, and it would be too much work to add that extra cables, I have ordered a small AC2HDMI converter. I will plug it between the video out of the Yamaha and one of the HDMI in to bridge all video inputs with the HDMI out (for the future) :p

Thx all for sharing advice/experience on this.

Yamaha HRT 4067 video flow
OvFs6nx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.