How will music sound through 5.1 surround dound headphones?

_Blake_

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
I have been looking into these headphones, but I read somewhere that although 5.1 will sound great for gaming, they will be lacking when it comes to music. Which is a problem because I love to listen to music as well.

Will these headphones still sound good for music, or should I look for a different pair?

Extra info:
-No sound card

Solution
compared to your average pair of headphones I would say a good 7.5. Out of the box they are okay but you can tell theres something missing. After playing with the settings they get much better and everything is very clear. The bass wont physically shake your head but its nice and clear and still has a decent hit. If I had to make an exact comparison it would be like a car with a factory subwoofer. You know its there but its not meant to overpower like how if you put in 2 12's in a car

immortalpenguin9

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
I have these and love them all around...they don't have very heavy bass but its enough for me. They also come with a good set of drivers that let you set the equalizer and fine tune the positions of the 7.1 speakers. Overall I would definitely buy another set if these ever stop working for some reason

bryonhowley

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
I have the same set of headphones and they are really good I would buy them again no problem. While I do not use them often because I use my 5.1 HD sound system instead they are nice late at night when I can't have 1000w running as the neighbors tend to get upset when the walls rattle at 2:00am!

immortalpenguin9

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

same exact reason I bought them

_Blake_

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013

Can you rate it on 1-10, 10 being 5.1 surround speakers, 1 being built in speakers on a monitor.
b/c I am by no means a bass freak as some people are, but I do listen to heavier bass music on some occasions.

immortalpenguin9

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
compared to your average pair of headphones I would say a good 7.5. Out of the box they are okay but you can tell theres something missing. After playing with the settings they get much better and everything is very clear. The bass wont physically shake your head but its nice and clear and still has a decent hit. If I had to make an exact comparison it would be like a car with a factory subwoofer. You know its there but its not meant to overpower like how if you put in 2 12's in a car

Solution

_Blake

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013

Nailed the comparison. These headphones look like the best choice.